Saturday, April 28, 2007
My Best Badminton Player: ROSLIN HASHIM takes action!!!
ROSLIN Hashim is not forgiving the BA of Malaysia (BAM), and he instructed a lawyer on Thursday to commence legal action against the national body.
Roslin is taking this drastic stand despite BAM wanting to send a letter of apology, and with BAM president, Datuk Nadzmi Saleh, and the association’s executive council members also trying to ask Roslin to reconsider the decision.
Roslin’s name was unintentionally omitted from the Singapore (May 1-6) and Indonesia (May 8-13) Opens, and this has jeopardised his chances of qualifying for the World Championships in Kuala Lumpur on Aug 13-19.
Roslin said he had been told by his lawyer to produce the relevant documents to support his claim.
The 31-year-old shuttler said a legal notice will be sent to the BAM early next week.
"I’ve spoken to my lawyer and I need to provide the documents to prove that my name was left out by the association for the two tournaments. An official letter should reach BAM early next week," said Roslin yesterday.
"I was told by Kenny Goh (BAM general manager) that the president and the exco members want to see me but my decision is final.
"A meeting and a letter of apology will not change the fact that I cannot play in Singapore and Indonesia and that my world ranking may drop.
"I just want to make sure that I don’t miss another tournament because of someone else’s mistake."
A similar error had also led to Roslin missing the China Open last year and the Malaysia Open in January.
Roslin, ranked World No 18, is now in danger of missing the World Championships as the Singapore and Indonesia Opens are to act as the final evaluation before BAM confirms its entries for the men’s singles.
Lee Chong Wei, the World No 5, and Hafiz Hashim, the World No 9, have already confirmed their berths while Roslin is vying with Lee Tsuen Seng, ranked 16th, and Sairul Amar Ayob, ranked 22nd, for the third slot.